Originally Posted by Polska
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Grizzly bears are not something I have or want to spend much time around. I looked one in the eye once across a single wire electric fence, and it brought a realization into my mind about the food chain that is still there.
We're number two.

Its good to have respect for bears... its good to have respect for all animals.. regardless of whether they are able to kill your or not. I see so many people on these hunting shows killing pigs and deer and turkeys and other bueatiful animals for no reason other then sport... thats a bad reason, and a waste of time/money. If you don't need the meat let it live. The world does not revolve around us and animals have feelings too....just like IS ee people hunting big bears with .30-06's and .338's... because they are not man enough to shoot a real man's gun a real big bore that will humanely kill it. Would you like to be hunted and shot to death with a .22?? and Being shot at while hiking in the woods from unknown direction with a .22? And run and panic not knowing whats going on... that just ain't right. That being said... maybe some people are #2 on the food chain, but I know that I am #1 and I will always be #1 until the day I die Our intelligence is what makes us #1.. not our brute strength, which even I have but is not enough to over power a bear. I outsmart him.

You are absolutely right. None of the posters here understand you and you should go ahead with your plan to test your chain maille suit on grizzly bears. Please let me know how it goes. I'm really interested in the outcome, and I'm sure alot of others are, too.
Don't forget your galoshes, your steel gloves, and be sure to wear clean underwear. See you when you get back.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.