Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Polska
Originally Posted by maarty
I'd rather be able to maneuver and shoot or run away which I doubt I could if I was wearing a steel suit.

I'm not worried about weight, they don't even weigh that much, and if you make your own you can make as heavy or light as you want... I would make it light duty to protect say from a looter or thug with a pocket knife or a wolve or cougars teeth and claws. Or even a stray dog.

I know for a bear your done... this would be for LIGHT armor... protection from stray dogs or looters or thugs with knives or slashing weapons...

this is just a hobby, I don't plan on wearing this to work every day or to test it out against a grizzly... I think it would work good against a cougar or cougar sized animal with teeh and/or claws. Chainmaille is surprisingly easy to make too, and cheap.

I'm not worried about weight I weigh 305 pounds and i'm a powerlifter so I have a lot of muscle on me... however even for me I would not want to hike 5 miles with one on. This would only be a [bleep] hit the fan shirt if there was ever anarchy in this country and I needed some basic crude body armor against man or beast

If you wouldn't hike 5 miles in it, how do you expect to encounter a Felis concolor to be worried about in the first place?

As for SHTF, at 305, and slowed down by maille, you'd not be hard to pick out or off.

My suggestion would be to continue making that stuff and selling it to the SCA crowd. When you make enough disposable cash, get a couple decent firearms and become proficient with them.

Read it, comprehended your dumbphuckitude well, and the original suggestion stands.

As does your inordinate level of dumbphuckitude.