Jordan; I'm certainly not against testing and using bullets,as I was doing much the same things years ago,and although dated at this point spent a lot of time with designs that were new and revolutionary at that time,and tried a lot of what was then available.

So I am with you completely....my point is that I don't want to do it anymore,because I know that what I use works real well;and can understand why Jayco sticks with what works for him.....

I keep a beady eyeball peeled on the new stuff as I have younger friends who hunt and shoot and I watch their results closely,dig through the carcasses to find out what happens,etc....and if I like what I see,I would not be afraid to flip a switch.

I do send a lotta newer stuff down range each year(hell I even bought some 162 Amax's! grin),.....but when the rubber meets the road and I am hunting, I reach for certain bullets which are in my zone of knowledge;those things that have worked very well in the past....much the same as I reach for proven rifles.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.