Originally Posted by djpaintless
Originally Posted by Swampfool700
I haven't fired one but I can't see how the recoil could be much.

Originally Posted by Swampfool700
It's crawling.....not enough case capicity.....

Most people when they don't have any experience nor the slightest clue about what they are talking about are content to keep their mouths shut. I realize that this would cut down your post count by about 95% but you really should try it.

I think Redbeard308's experience and description is excellent. The 9,3x62 recoils about like a 12guage with stiff loads.

Still shooting 289gr bullets at over 2400fps and 250gr bullets at 2650 using 61 to 63grs of powder and in a 8.5lb rifle does generate recoil in the 30-34ft lbs range. By comparison a 300mag shooting a 180gr bullet at 3000fps is around 25ft/lbs or so. There's more to recoil than just the numbers though, how the stock fits, how good of a recoil pad and other factors contibute to how recoil feels to an individual. To me the 9,3x62 feels heavy but slower in recoil, and the slower makes it a more comfortable to shoot than some of the hot mags...............................dj

http://www.handloads.com/calc/recoil.asp

DJ good post.

Swmapnipples, your baseless drivel....it is quite apparent that facts never enter into anything you post.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]