OK, one more time:

First: You want to intermingle the usage of may and was, I can't do anything about it. I don't: They mean two different things.

Second: I don't think others should criticize those who respectfully display the Confederate flag. How my not criticizing doing so-or in your words-"It doesn�t matter that you don�t criticize people that display or waive the confederate flag; just by publishing that, you infer there�s something there to criticize."-doesn't infer anything other than I believe that those with a strong Southern foundation, have the right to honor their heroes who sacrificed so much in a countryside destroyed and lives lost. Again I can't do all that much with regards to how others think on such a controversial topic, except try to give them an understanding of roots, for lack of a better term. You either have it or you don't.

I had ancestors who fought for the Union. I often think of what they did and saw. My Grandmother told the story that was passed down to her of one of them who survived Gettysburg. Supposedly a letter finally reached home months after the battle. It contained two words: "Still alive." True or not, I don't know.

I have the utmost respect for those who are willing to keep the Southern tradition of the time remembered. I wish I would see more of that here in the North. When the mood strikes-or I'm close and have time I visit a Civil War battlefield that I can get to. I normally find a place and just sit and listen. They still have much to tell us. I don't think about who kicked whose butt that day. I do think of the men, women and children on both sides of the line.

I also refuse to have others twist the meaning of my words on that particular subject.

laissez les bons temps rouler