Originally Posted by sbrmike
Yes I have seen Flaig's marked Flaig's Douglas Premium. Not much room for error when their marked like that!

Thanks Mike, I'm no expert because I've never had the pleasure of seeing his shop in the 60's. I did read about a chap whose Mom did work at his (Charlie's) shop along with another lady that did do custom checkering at the shop around the time frame my rifle was made (60's/70's, I've not heard of a gentleman named Gene who checkered in the 80's at his own shop (10yrs.later) before, till this thread continued. It is quite interesting investigating some of the stories and first hand experiences the locals of Millvale had with Flaig, for the most part a very good symbiosis. It does seem almost criminal his whole life's work and prized possesions were sold at auction for a pittance. Looking thru threads from around the web, he had quite a following back in the day, it would seem a shame to let his craft and workmanship fade away as so many of our craftsmen have without thier just due. His legacy should continue of outfitting sportsmen/hunters with a very nice custom weapon for a reasonable price, maybe he was a little too ahead of his time. Sorry for the rant...Dan