Well Like you I am a avid rifle hunter and have successfully harvested whitetail, hogs and muledeer out to 700 yards. I recently decided to pick up bow hunting again after 29 years. When I went looking for a new bow , I was quite shocked by one, the sticker price and the look. I was not quite sure that I could even shoot a 29" ATA bow. SO I went looking.. I shot several of the Hoyt and Mathews bows. I like I said, shicker shock. Well I considered a very inportant issue. The new bow manufactured now are very advanced and I wanted service after the sale as well as someone who was close and could help me trouble shoot any problems. I eventually settled for a Mission Venture 29"Dl set at 60 lb. It draws very smooth and imho is fast enough to get the job done. It did not break my pocket book for the bow itself and I was able to add some top of the line accessories. I believe that package deals like they sell on huntersfriend.com very good but i worried that the hi tech bow of now days would require a bowsmith close by to help me figure it out. I suggest you find a bow shop close to you that you like and tell them what your looking for. Good Luck.