Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bxroads
rost, just ask the guys that shot with him in the "Lets meet in Montana" thread what their impression of John is. However, I feel that the only answer you will accept is the one you want to hear.

Bottom line for my complaining about greybull stuff... when you sell a rig for 6000 bucks but it can be done as well or better all day long with a 3000 dollar rig, I think you'll see.
BUT John has a right to charge what he wants. We just have the right to say folks, its advertising you don't have to spend that much if you don't want to.

C'mon Rost, you can add a lot better than that. Sure GAP sells rifles for $3500, sans optic though. The Greybull comes with a scope that will cost you a cool grand to duplicate. I guess you should be calling it a 5K rifle.

Lets see, won 1000 yard matches here before, with an AR15 that cost me under 1500..... bolt gun that will shoot knots.... really no need for a synthetic stock, but just because, and a much better than B/C as Mc stock, 500. Action. 300. Barrel 300. Cost to barrel. Around 300 plus or minus. Bed action to stock, put on mounts and scope. Fire away. No need for fancy scopes or reticles or 1/3 moa clicks, simple target scope with knobs. Or sans that... lets just say I have one gun I have no more than the above invested in it, without target knobs but the knobs have a zero mark and click... and so far, the 308 has handily dinged stuff to over 700 yards. 2500 or less easily with optics. Actually less. Groups... not so great though, 2s at 100, and best I've dinged so far in a gusty wind once at 726 yards off the top of a mule, has been 3 shots into 4 inches. Appx measure, group in cactus leaves and measure with tape, not Ct/Ct.
It really is a lot of Indian and not so much of arrow. John is a Chief. Has a good arrow, seems as good as anyone elses out there. And is a hell of a salesman.

Down side? Making folks think they can drop 6K or more and be an overnight shooter. If someone dials the dope in like on the shows, and says shoot, it really only takes a decent shot to make a good shot. Its learning what the dope should be, that will cost you way more than 6K over the years, and it won't be 6K of rifle that makes the arrow fly straight.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....