Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with the Browning Nomad semi-auto 22 L.R. pistols?
I have been debating about buying this pistol for a few weeks now and recently "spoke up for" it.
My friend selling it is kind enough to hold it for me til the next pension and social security checks arrive.
Anyway the Nomad will be coming my way on June 1st.
Due to circumstances beyond my control (I bought a Ruger 77 V/T in 220 Swift and a Weaver 4x16 variable out on the west coast last week - so I am broke til the first of the month) I won't get it IN my hands until then.
I am anxious!
I have seen these pistols around for about 50 years now (manufactured from 1962 til 1974) yet I have never fired one.
I think the "Nomads" are actually kind of rare, but I haven't found any production figures for them as yet.
The one I have arranged to buy has the 4 1/2" barrel and the alloy frame (add 10% says the Blue Book for this option?) - personally I would probably rather have an all steel frame model.
This pistol was advertised to me as 100% mint condition and I was skeptical of that until I actually got the pistol into my hands - it IS 100% mint.
Not a speck of wear or marring anywhere.
The breech/bolt face/chamber area all look like it is unfired.
It comes with two extra magazines still in wrappers, BUT, it does not have the "Browning" pistol pouch that I believe may have been standard factory issue with this model?
Oh well.
By coincidence when I was out at the huge Seattle area gun show on the 14th and 15th of May I saw a Browning pistol rug for sale - it was priced at $50.00 U.S.!
The pistol rug was advertised on its price tag that it was "made for Browning Nomad and Challenger models" - and was clearly marked with the Browning name.
Maybe I should have picked it up but half a hundred dollars is a lot of money for pistol rug.
I have to decide whether this minty little pistol will become a shooter or an investment (safe queen)?
Any insights/thoughts on the pistol or production numbers?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy