KevinGibson: I have known adults who have made similar mistakes with the rapid functioning pistols.
It seems humans can overlook the obvious sometimes and get in a fix.
I was volunteering years ago (on the rangemaster regular day off) to do rangemaster duties at the Renton, Washington range.
I was about 50 feet away from an elderly bespectacled gentleman who was having a little trouble sighting in his then newish Colt Targetsman.
I was watching him as he stood up from his chair and clamped the nifty Colt auto to an 4x4 vertical beemwith his hands.
He then brought his face and eye to the immediate rear of the Colts slide and as I was running towards him and beginning to shout a warning!
To late!
He squeezed one off and the slide smacked back into his nose/cheek area breaking his glasses and drawing blood!
Unfortunately the shooter dropped the Colt auto onto the cement from the standing position and it did additional harm to the gun.
Luckily the dropping did not set off another cartridge.
Anyway it was an ordeal stopping the bleeding and repairing his glasses (frames) so he could drive his self home.
The lesson was learned although I am certain this seasoned shooter KNEW about the mechanics of his pistols action but just made a "human error" of forgetfullness or overlooking the obvious.
MY reminder of the obvious functioning of the semi-auto pistols was a more traditional "thumb injury" and even though it was a grazing wound it hurt and caused bleeding and much consternation on my part.
I honestly think I only have had to have that "reminder" once in my 40+ years of pistol shooting.
I will keep in mind the sharp edge warning for my new Nomad.
6 more days - I am getting anxious.
I am going to try a google type search (maybe even Wikipedia) for Browning Nomads.
I am just curious as to production numbers.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy