A fair amount. You think it's just GOT to come apart but it just eats it all up. You have to adjust your limits a bit. Whoops, bumps and dips that make you pucker just get turned into no big deal. Terrain that would dismantle most other trucks is downright enjoyable. I blitzed out to towards Knik Glacier one day faster than I could believe. Just keep driving faster and faster and when you finally start banging off of the stops (way way higher speeds than you'd believe), back off a little and keep on going.

The truck sits low and wide too. On sidehills and high speed offroad work it inspires confidence. With a lot of trucks, to fit 35s in it, it's sky high. Not so with the Raptor. It was built with them in mind.

Another great feature is that you can engage the locker in 2wd high and turn ALL of the nannies off. This enables you to completely steer with the throttle. You can kick the rear end out and do high speed drifts as if you'd been schooled for it.

I haven't seen evidence of the bed hitting the cab. I was kind of worried about that after my first trip off road.

But, like I said, I sure wish that I had a Power Wagon too.

I've taken a few friends out with me and not kidding, their response is the same. They're completely white knuckling the grab bar, grinning ear to ear, and giggling like a ten year old on a roller coaster ride.

I did think that I'd wadded it up once. I had it in a high speed drift about 50-60mph and launched it sideways over one of those berms that the motoxers cut into the flats at Jim Creek. We really thought it was over for the truck. It just sucked it up and drove out of it. Amazing.

I do have the 5.4. It will shift up and bog. The 6.2 will not do this. But, if I play the throttle right, I can avoid the upshift that seems to irk most guys off road.

I've had a tranny problem. There was stuff in the valving that they cleaned out. I kind of thought that that would lead to more problems because we all know that's not supposed to happen unless there's some sort of malfeasance going on in there but after they flushed the tranny, it's been great.

One thing, the truck is wide. Most trails have their way with the paint. I've got nice pinstriping now. Dang it.

I think if they made a micro Raptor out of the Ranger with the new Ecoboost engine in it, with a front locker, they'd sell like Obama stickers did to Subaru owners in 2008!