Jr, Just put H414 powder in 4 cases (WW brass), 49 to 52 grains. 49 grains is just below the neck, 50 just at the neck, 51 just a little higher and 52 slightly higher in the neck. With a 139 g Hornady BTSP seated at my normal seating depth (3.11 OAL - the cannelure is above the neck of the brass).

The base of the bullet is just to the base of the neck. So the 52 grain load would be slightly compressed. But many loads are compressed in the loading manuals and I've never experienced any problems with the compressed loads I've used -- BUT I'M NO EXPERT -- Just an old geezer who has been loading for years but my experience while long is thin and spotty.

I prefer my cases to be nearly full of powder and like to be able to shake the case and hear the powder. (This is so I don't do something stupid like fail to put powder in the case.)

If there are no other pressure signs present; some compression does not concern me because so many recommended loads are compressed.

Good luck with your 7x57, mine was my main rifle for many years and for a long time it killed every deer I shot at. Then I screwed up a shot.

After a long hiatus of relatively little shooting and no hunting I recently dusted the old 7x57 off and hope to use her for an antelope hunt with the 120 g. Nosler BT that so many rave about for deer and antelope.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson