Good read ,I Had read how marginal the 6mm's were for deer and had passed judgement by way of gun mag's. I wanted to get a 257 for my sons when my neighbor told me his rifle was a 6mm Rem and what a killer it was.He owned a orchard and had shot hundreds of deer in his life. He had even shot two moose at crazy long range. When I asked how far the moose ran an what kind of blood trails he said they didn't run they just sank down dead.
So one day at Wally world I saw two Rem model 7's youth in 6mm Rem on clearance for 180. dollars. I brought one home and loaded some 100 gr Nosler partitions for the insurance and my sons slayed deer and with extreme effectivness.
Well they moved up to other rifles and the 6mm sat in the safe. Then two years ago on the fire folks were singing praises for the 85 grain TSX so I bit and the first load of 46 gr of Reloader 19 shot into an inch.I got about a 105 yard shot at a small WT buck. He reared up and fell back and there was blood 6' up in the trees. That was a test case of one Barnes but with the Noslers too I no longer feel its marginal in any way for deer.
My youngest shot a doe at 281 lazerd yards and she dropped he said its early and I have never seen you shoot a deer.I had a husky 30-06 with 165 powerpoints and hit a large doe about an hour latter at 90 yards and she ran about ninty yards sans the top of her heart my son looked at me and said your gun doesn't killum like mine.