Originally Posted by CCGInc
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Renee,

How much does a 30-40 weigh? Is it made on the 20 gauge or 28 gauge frame? Are any made on the 28? Could you make a 30-40 or 30-30 on the 28? Thanks.

Sorry, don't know - haven't built one in that caliber yet. Jim said he'd build it on a 28 Gauge.

Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
It is no Searcy & Co. And surely not an American made gun. One thing I would not skimp on if buying and really needing and planning to use would be a dangerous game rifle.

Absolutely nobody has a better regulation that us and the owner's personal .405 has at least 400 rounds of 400 grain @2100 fps through it.

Originally Posted by SuperCub
A 303British would be very cool in one of those. Nice rifles.

We'll do it. Jim says anything with a Rim

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Especially fond of doubles be they shotguns or rifles. Offered as constructive criticism: A fine bit of work at what appears to be bargain prices, but the sights need to be refined. Boxy, chunky, presenting as afterthoughts on an otherwise esthetically pleasing gun.

Thanks for the constructive criticism... Tell us what sights you want and we'll put them on it.

Originally Posted by tjm10025

I have to agree with Dan. The front sight bases and the quarter ribs seem very unattractive to me.

No quarter rib... Ours is all ONE piece!

All one piece or not it can be moved and reshaped. A point made early on in the thread mentioned the position of the rear sight. Occurs to me that I'd prefer it further forward. The thing that makes British doubles so delightful is their handling and geometry in my opinion. High sights tend to raise the cheek off the comb all else being equal and does not lend to natural pointing, again in my opinion. Lots of circumstances where this is irrelevant, but sometimes it is VERY relevant.

Not asking you to duplicate this, just take a look at this one...thinking it illustrates my point. The image can be zoomed and moved.

http://www.purdey.com/guns/double-rifles/

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain