Originally Posted by DigitalDan

All one piece or not it can be moved and reshaped. A point made early on in the thread mentioned the position of the rear sight. Occurs to me that I'd prefer it further forward. The thing that makes British doubles so delightful is their handling and geometry in my opinion. High sights tend to raise the cheek off the comb all else being equal and does not lend to natural pointing, again in my opinion. Lots of circumstances where this is irrelevant, but sometimes it is VERY relevant.

Not asking you to duplicate this, just take a look at this one...thinking it illustrates my point. The image can be zoomed and moved.

http://www.purdey.com/guns/double-rifles/

OOOh! Pretty. We can duplicate the profile (but not the snazzy receiver).
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Originally Posted by CCGInc
Absolutely nobody has a better regulation that us and the owner's personal .405 has at least 400 rounds of 400 grain @2100 fps through it.

Renee,

Are your barrels permanently connected? Or are they adjustable so the regulation can be changed "easily?"

Yes - they're permanently connected. We'll regulate to your specified factory load or your handload.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Have used two Searcy's, have shot a few Holland & Hollands, and used 1 Westley Richards. Not that it matters any, the human eye can clearly see that said gun isn't in the same ballpark as any others I mentioned. As I said before if and when a hunter really needs a double it is something that isn't worth skimping on. Hunters really don't need a double it is more a desire of times gone by. The person that needs the double is the PH, when you can show me a PH using that I will think about concidering it adaquate.

Mark Kyriacou's Big Game Safaris PH Mark Kyriacou of Big Game Safaris - Botswana is using the Clark .405 double rifle in the photo above (the one with the Cape Buffalo and our gunsmith).

Renee Autery
Clark Custom Guns, Inc.
http://www.clarkcustomguns.com