Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Those are some big words and I would have to raise the BS flag to that and might want to put on my chest waders. Nobody?????? Really????? So you are saying that a modified CZ is better then a B. Searcy & Co., Holland & Holland, and all the other British best?????? I am not buying that nor the rifle.

Didn't say our gun was better. The guns you mention are fine weapons and admittedly have a better fit and finish than our guns, all I said was no one has better regulation than us. Jim invites you to stop by the shop any time and you can see for yourself. Jim's retired airplane mechanic (Gary Gullett) who builds these rifles is extremely meticulous.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Thanks for the reply, Renee. The reason I asked about the 28 gauge frame is because it is significantly lighter in weight than even the 20, and would make into a sweet little stalking rifle. Also, the 28 gauge does not have the cross-bolt lock found on the 20 and 12 gauge guns. The 28 latches only in the lumps/monoblock, whereas the 20 and 12 latch there PLUS the cross-bolt. I assume the 20 and 12 are stronger because of this, hence more desireable for larger calibers.

Jim says you are absolutely correct but the 30-40 is at a pressure level that he would choose the 28 Ga. as a platform and agrees with you completely about it being an awesome stalking rifle.

Last edited by CCGInc; 07/28/11. Reason: add photos + typo

Renee Autery
Clark Custom Guns, Inc.
http://www.clarkcustomguns.com