Supercub, echo your 20" comment.

OP - If you are not happy overall w/that rifle, I'd just pack it up or call Ruger and ask if they will send a call tag, and let them address each and every concern/issue. I am sure they will return it to your satisfaction, and at NC of course.

Later you can no doubt do a bead blast on it to cut glare for hunting. Blued rifles glare to if polished vs. matte but a fine bead SS is nice and functional.

Getting 1.5 or better MOA using a 2.5x is not unreasonable, that is a good goal for that combo, but it may well do better.

BTW, someone like JB/MuleDeer can chime in, but IIRC, Ruger cut chambers deeper in the throat on 7x57s on early mfg. guns, often doing great with longer heavies, your new one might have a shorter throat, maybe not, no doubt the twist rate should be the same although your Interarms may have had a longer bbl and higher speed, unless your not loading max. 2350 I would think is very doable in that rifle, as IIRC, my 7BR 21" did near that with 175 MKs, drilling thru 12-15" of hardwood - talk about penetration!