Jeff, not surprised, but it is nice to know you can p/u the phone, save the gas and tax, pull out the cc, and order what you need.

Mark, that's funny, be they won't rag you next time!

Geo, true, but Savage jumped on it. I hope it will re-kindle w/Lapua brass and more and more comp shooters deciding all the way around, its a top 6.5 choice for much of what they do...and that gets noticed.

I did not mind seeing Ruger come out w/the Creedmoor, but not at the expense of the 260...but then again, Ruger would rather put money in Hornady's pocket, not Rem with ammo sales. It's a calculated business decision to take future potential dollars from Rem. Remember, it was a LONG time before Ruger put out 7/08s in mass qty even though there was a ltd. run here and there in the 77 and #1 years back. I guess Ruger caved in and now does regular runs.

If Winchester would chamber 260 and Rem more, than perhaps it would get more popularity. No doubt custom rifles often get chamber in the 260.

Not even the popular in Europe 6.5x55 gets much play w/rifle mfg. here....just a mental block perhaps by the consumers here, stuck on their old stand-bys and not open minded.

No doubt 6.5s don't get the love others do, but not for lack of merit.