Thanks Joe, that rang a bell, used that bullet for 'plinking' in my old 7TCU in college, talk about penetration and good expansion/retention. Maybe not highly accurate or great BC, but it did great in Creosote I dug one out of smile

Jeff, if I ran a 7/08 or larger, and wanted the ultimate, the 162 is one of the kings for LR hunting IMO. Great BC and expands well at LR. There may be a few say Bergers that might rival it, but I would not want anything heavier, as mv is killed in the 708.

2700 seems about tops in a std. bbl w/a 708, though some guys are pushing hard w/RL17 and adding perhaps 100 fps. I'd not look for more than 2750 w/o pressure, assuming RL17, in a hunting length bbl....22-23" or so.

The Irony of hearing guys talk about the 'Slowness' of the 140s in a 7/08 where most get anywhere from 2800-2950, is that 2700 is a common speed for a 140 in a 6.5x55 and nobody complains about it???

Both in similar hunting bullets have a good b.c. to boot, no doubt the higher b.c. of the 140gr 6.5mm is offset by the slightly lowered speed in the lower expansion ratio round, using faster twist and longer bearing surface/higher frictioned bullets.

SO, to say most typical hunting ranges any 140 would that be used in either 6.5x55 or similar, and a 7/08 or similar 7mm, they seem more similar than different.