I just chronographed some loads in two different 7mm-08's I play with a lot. I shot 120 grain Hornady HP's behind a published load of H4895 in the 22" barrel for 3,020 fps average (factory Remington). I shot the same load in another factory 700 with a 24" barrel and it averaged 3,150 fps. I have shot dozens of deer and pigs with this load and probably a few hundred prairie dogs. I am still on the same brass I have used for years.

I worked up another load with H414 and 120 grain Nosler ballistic tips. The 24" barreled 700 LOVES this bullet and tosses them out of the 24" barrel at just under 3,200 fps. Again, this is published data.

All the different 140 grain Ballistic tip and Hornady loads were around 2,850-2900 fps. I like the 120's and have killed stuff out to 550 yards with them with complete pass throughs on deer and hogs. Up close, they still hold together and exit. It's a great round and a guy could rule the world with one. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.