Originally Posted by KDK
I have the exact same gun, still sitting NIB. I bought a 20 MOA rail for it, but between too many other projects (.204, .257 Weatherby, another 7 WSM in a Howa, '06, .300 H&H) and paralysis through analysis on a scope, it's kinda been placed on the back burner. Maybe this thread will give me the kick in the backside I need to get moving on it. I'm interested in how the reloading is going to go for you.

KDK, you are always getting yourself stumped over which scope to buy. If it is going to be a long range rig just get something like a 4.5-14 and call it good. If it is a really long range you could go with higher magnification. Take a look at some of scenarshooter's chit and that will give you an idea too. I've got a 20 moa rail on my FN PBR XP 300 wsm but it doesn't do me any good because I never get out and stretch its legs. I don't have a place I can shoot the distances it begs to shoot when set up that way. Here's a pic of the set-up:

[Linked Image]

It shoots pretty good too with my hunting loads (165 hornady spbt interlocks):
[Linked Image]
10 shots, 1 right after the other. To the OP, your coyote should shoot great. FN is puting out some very accurate rifles. As a matter of fact I'm getting ready to take my extreme weather out right now since the wind isn't howling. Good luck with your coyote and let us know how she shoots........

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA