Originally Posted by jorgeI
Guys, just got these in from Verney-Carron.
[Linked Image]

It is worth underlining that the side by side double action of the Atelier Verney-Carron has an exceptional design: instead of having a single hook between the barrels, as is common in the old and common designs, it has 3 parallel hooks which provide for an in line resistance to the opening efforts when a round is fired from either barrel.

The 3 parallel slots in which the 3 parallel hooks insert themselves can be seen on the above picture.

This break-action was designed by Paul Demas who had previously designed the Chapuis action which has 2 parallel hooks. When he designed the Azur with a 3rd parallel hook, Demas made the ultimate step forward: the design can be seen as perfect. No action can be stronger.

I consider the Verney-Carron Azur action with 3 hooks to be the finest design for double rifles. Definitely the type of action I would want on a double rifle for serious big game.

I look forward to the pictures that jorgeI will make and I hope he will include pictures of the hooks.

jorgeI congratulations for a superb and clever choice.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?