Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by DINK
I am not sure if Wieland is the right writer that is having the pissing match over the double rifle.

The rumor I heard was one the writers was loaned a fine double rifle (something like a H&H) and the writer did not want to or refused to return it and it has ended up in court.

Dink

Dink,

I found the following on line:

Rigby vs Rigby: The Proof is in the Gun
John Rigby & Co. (Gunmakers), Inc., responds to the Insider Blog.
Geoff Miller, Managing Director, John Rigby & Co.

� Prev Article // Next Article � Comment Send to Friend In reference to article on the American Rifleman blog concerning �Rigby vs Rigby; the Proof is in the Gun�. I like to state for the record that both Mr. Hopkins and Mr. Wieland have personal issues with me and for that reason and no other have decided to defame John Rigby & Co. (Gunmakers), Inc., its products and its personnel when the facts completely negate their statements in the blog. If one wishes to see how we regulate our guns I would refer them to Winter 2002 Double Gun Journal which deals exclusively with how we regulate double rifles.

Further, I would refer you to the Shooting Times Guide to Accuracy published this year with an article written by Terry Wieland who essentially cites us (Rigby) as the expert on regulating double guns. Further I would also refer you to Mr. Wieland�s book on Dangerous Game Rifles, page 6A where he states that the rifle we built him is �uncompromising Best Quality rifle�. Which, incidentally, he has refused to return or pay for.

The fact is we are considered the Premier Rifle Builder in this country and perhaps the world and have many letters from many satisfied clients to that effect. While I refuse to lower myself to their level and issue a bunch of personal attacks I would welcome anyone who has any curiosity about this situation to contact me at John Rigby & Co. (Gunmakers), Inc. 805.227.4236 and I would be glad to discuss any aspect of the situation with you.

As a final word we do have every possible example of the name registered in the United States and the U.K. and have filed suit both in Federal Court here and in the English Court system ��documentation is a matter of public record.

Geoff Miller
Managing Director
John Rigby & Co. (Gunmakers), Inc.

Thanks.

Whats a double Rigby worth? Something tells me its more than a Remington 700..grin.