Originally Posted by ShootDogs
Thing's I learnt here on the Fire (yes, I learnt to put an apostrophe in plurals):

Remmy is Remington (the best in the WORLD)

Winnie is Winchester

Roy or Bee is Weatherby

Loopy or Luepie is Leupold (which may or may not be garbage)

7x57 may be "skookum"...or an indicator of one "catching the Gay"

Boolits are pills

Kimbers are junk...or maybe not

.270 is a sign you've "caught the gay"...or it's "skookum"

All the cool kids are running McSwirlys that look like bowling balls, Talley LWs and fluted bolt handles

post count equates to practical experience, rather than just indicating one spends too much time posting useless drivel

And I think...being akin to a turd is considered a positive atribute...?

So true! I have always been a little leery of the advice given by guys that get something like 20,000 posts in a few years. When could they possibly have time to hunt? I am afraid a lot of them are sitting around in front of their computers half the day with potato chip crumbs cascading down the front of their shirts. grin

Another interesting internet phenomenon is the "boolit that pencils through". Would a wooden or plastic pencil actually pass (without expanding) through an elk when fired at 3000fps? Who is actually out there reloading pencils in their rifles? If you have resorted to loading pencils, send me a PM and I will send you some old TSX's I have in the reloading bench.

Chet

Last edited by Chetaf; 09/29/11.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen