This isn't meant to be a sales pitch, or justification, just some comments and stories.

Well, one of the reason for the price is the fabric is expensive and it is american labor. For example, Ed T's backcountry shelter, is only (and I say only) $129 more than a golite 4 person, the sizing is a bit smaller but not a lot and it is taller. I actually feel pretty good about that considering they are sewn in grand junction vs. overseas, and use U.S made materials, comes with additional features as well. We can't keep up with the golite 40% off sale, because well we try to price things at a real price. If you are constantly able to give 40% doesn't that mean you are screwing people the rest of the time ?

As for the debate of which approach is better, there are certainly benefits to double wall tents, ( not size, weight or livability) but heck there are benefits to cowboy camping under the stars as well (in good weather). The condensation issue is easily solved with a liner, which does not add much weight (I think on our 8 person it's under 2 lbs and on our 4 person it's closer to 1 lb). A 2 person nest with DWR on the outside works well to minimize condensation and keep everything bug free and clean if you like, like a double wall tent on the inside (we have a proto we've made, but aren't actually producing them yet) as well. The wood stove, yes you have to stoke it, and if you have big enough wood, it still needs stoking on about a 45 minute interval,if your wood is small it's 15 minutes stoking, but it does provide a cozyness, especially when the weather turns real sour. It's also nice to be warm without having to be in your bag or having all your gear on.

There is one thing I would consider a bit of a fallicy though and that is bugs and rodents, etc. I know people worry about it a lot, but it isn't that much of an issue unless they are like fleas and the like. In our tipi's we have a sod skirt for a pretty tight seal, and you can still vent through the screen door pretty effectively. If a marmot, will eat through the wiring and stuff on your jeep parked up high, it will certainly eat through your tent if it wants to be it a single wall , double wall or whatever. So it's two pieces of fabric instead of one, if something wants in that has the capability it will. Spiders are a bit the same, they get in your house, which should be way more secure than a tent so what makes you think they won't get in your tent ?

In the end it's a decision of what is important to you ? If you prefer the advantages in a double wall, then do a double wall. If you prefer to have more space and stand up height with the ability to run a stove, then go that route. There is no right or wrong. This year , I've cowboy camped, single wall camped, used a liner at times, a stove at times, slept in a nest and tarp camped.
My boys (which are fantastic and ages 8 and 11) spent a month in a tipi, a month in a tarp and a month cowboy camping under the lilacs in our front yard. Even when it rained, they said, you know the lilacs don't allow much water through, I said ok you know where the house is. In fact, the oldest one once said this summer "the yard is so comfortable" . I had to chuckle. They get out in the woods to, but during the summer if they are at our house it's sleeping in the yard. They have also ran a stove on their own and cooked on it, and they spent a couple weeks in a nest (without any overhead protection).

They all work, heck I'm not even sure what I'm taking on my hunt next week. I suspect if the weather looks foul I'll take a 6 man and a stove, if it doesn't I might take the backcountry shelter, with or without a stove, if it looks mild I might just go tarp and bivy , or tarp and nest. I know it will probably be below or near freezing every morning so warmth will be a big issue.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/