Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by KC
If you don�t use a stove inside, the condensation will get everything inside the tent wet, even if it�s dry outside.

Not true at all. I use single wall tents for most hunting and backpacking trips (mostly a B-D Mega-light without a stove)and have never (not once) gotten "everything inside the tent wet." Come to think of it, the only thing I've ever gotten wet was a hat or jacket sleeve that I've bumped against the interior, and a few drops here and there on other stuff. This year's trip was in a K-tipi with rain every day and nothing inside the tent got wet. I use a down bag, and if the quote above were true I'd probably be dead by now, or at least I'd have been compelled to get a synthetic bag with a waterproof liner.

I have to agree with you smokepole. My experience with my GoLite SL-5 mimics yours tipi experiences. After 7 out of 8 days in the pouring rain on an Alaska range sheep hunt this fall in down bags the only thing that gets wet is my back or sleeve as it brushes the inside of the tipi. Never once did it ever condensate so bag to have it drip or even start to develop drips. Not sure which tipi you were uses KC, but my experience is in stark contrast to yours.

Sounds more like a poor quality tipi or poor tipi pitching perhaps?? Regardless its something I hope to never replicate. So far with over 50 nights spent in my SL-5 I have yet to experience that.