I would echo tbear's thoughts on his old 37 Deerslayer. Mine shoots right with my rifled 1300 at 100 yards (both accurate enough to make any miss at that range strictly my fault). It also has the advantage of shooting the less expensive Fosters. As for rifled slugs and barrels, be prepared to spend a fair amount of money finding what combination works best. My 1300 favors Federal/Barnes, my son's Mossberg-barreled 870 likes most anything, and my hunting partners A-Bolt likes Hornady SSTs. We have shot quite a variety of brands in figuring this out. The expense has not been insignificant, but the entertainment from the sight of flying snot encircling the scope,receiver, and shooter's face have somewhat lessened the pain in the pocketbook. Speaking of pain, be sure and give the Remington Buckhammers a try if that is important to you. Also, after reading freak's post, I was reminded to recommend a leather lace-on cheek piece.

Last edited by 5sdad; 11/13/11.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.