Originally Posted by rifle
Why not support your local dealer? That's what the system is set up for?
That's how people get paid.That's how companies stay in business.Would you want somebody cutting a DEAL BEHIND YOUR BACK AND CLIPPING INTO YOUR PAYCHECK?
What's a couple bucks when you're getting a good product and a thanks from a shop owner?

maybe, like me, he has an AZZhole for a local dealer.

The only guy around here that sells kimbers is a snob that married into one of the wealthier families. The other local guys cant sell enough Kimbers to get into the program direct so they have to pay a higher price from a secondary dist.
at that price they cant turn the rifles for a high enuf profit to be competitive with online sellers.

Buy it online and pay the transfer to the FFL you like, chances are he's making more on the transfer fee than he would on the kimber.

The local guys here that have Steyr rifles want $988 new for a standard prohunter.
WTF would I buy a $1000 rifle from a local guy that I could get for $700 on gunbroker?
i dont have $300 to throw away on your delicate principals of local economics.
Fk em.
Its a system.
If they dealers wanted to sell rifles they need to promote rifles.
Thats why You even know WTF a Kimber is...
It isnt the quality of the rifle, thats for sure.
Kimber is where Kimber is because of 1 thing and 1 thing only.

FULL PAGE COLOR GLOSSY ADS.

You think a Kimber outshoots a Steyr?
No, wait...
A Tikka?
No... A SAVAGE?
Really?

America is a consumer that has to be told what to buy. If dealers wanted to sell a product they would learn about it, promote it and sell it.
Sales isnt pointing to a ticket on the trigger guard. Sales is knowing the product and being able to relay to the potential consumer the Features, Advantages and Benifits of one item over the next.
And the sad fact is that gun stores dont have salesmen they have clerks. So, they dont sell them, they sell whatever the gun rag tells the customer he needs.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024