True, the Edelbrock/Carter (I call them Carters, cuz that's what they ARE...Edelbrock bought the rights and started making them years ago) are way easy to rebuild. Anyone can do it. I would buy a rebuild kit online and do it yourself, as carb shops get an ungodly amount of $$ to rebuild carbs. Case in point: I have a one barrel Holley model 1904 on my '60 GMC 4x4 305 V6. Carb shop wanted $175 to rebuild it!!! I bought the rebuild kit online for $38 and did it myself in about 30 minutes!

One other thing I was thinking about...without going back and reading the entire thread...I had my 64 Suburban act like it was running out of fuel at odd times, not all the time. Turns out it was the rubber fuel line from the fuel pump to carb had a lengthwise slit in it from age, and would allow air to enter, causing all sorts of hard-to diagnose driving issues, as it was not a consistnet problem. Perhaps look at your fuel lines carefully to insure they're not in bad condition? I tell ya, by looking at my fuel hose, it wasn't obvious it was bad, until I started flexing it and saw the slit. Just some more things to check that are free! Good luck!

ken@the river
GO DUCKS!