Originally Posted by pal
Gary, what does it weigh?

It weighs 15-oz made from a strong hardwood with a sealed coat of Acraglas. There is room to reduce weight further by using a lighter wood and forgoing the bushings and inserts. In comparison, my aluminum Stoney Point monopod shooting stick weighs 12-oz, and my favorite homemade 6' "scout" staff made from spruce weighs 1-lb 13-oz.

When I predator hunt solo, the rifle sits on the sticks ready to shoot while I work the calls and hand light. It's a very important piece of gear for me in that context. Outside of this, I always find a need for some sort of staff, walking stick, or hiking staffs. In this later context, I've found it works well to cover those needs while also doubling duty to work well as a rifle holder, bi-pod, and shooting stick. Even if I only use it as a walking aid, it has helped me to ford troublesome creeks while being easy to have on hand.

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 12/06/11.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood