Based on this thread I just negotiated with an old friend of mine to trade me his Sig P220 SAO for my S&W Scandium Commander. He assures me his P220 has been 100% reliable for him, and I assured him my S&W Scandium Commander has likewise been 100% reliable for me. That leaves me without a lightweight commander (I sold my Colt Lightweight Commander over the summer), but I gave up carrying lightweight commanders years ago. My view is that if I want to drop down in weight from an all steel Commander or an all steel Government Model, I'll go with my Kahr P9, which is an awesome little gun. The lightweight commanders kick a bit much for my liking in a "self-defense against humans" sidearm. The felt recoil of the Kahr P9 and of the all steel 1911s are about the same. I guess I'll discover now how the Sig feels for me in the recoil department.

[Linked Image]

PS I had three Sigs (including a German-made P228) in the 1980s before I developed my position against traditional double action autos. Since developing that position, I sold all three, but otherwise liked them very much. Wanted one of the Single Action Only P220s since they first came out.