Originally Posted by JamesDunn
Long time service life has always been as issue with Sig's. The Glock beats them hands down there. I ran an indoor range (Kevin Gibson used to work there some too) and we had range guns for rental. We kept great records on the guns. The P220 never made it 20K without cracking in the frame....P226's rarely made 30K without one of the frame rails starting to peel. Glocks lasted 50K plus with no real issues. That said the Sig is a much more refined, accurate and reliable gun IMHO than the glock right out of the box, but not by much. I still would not hesitate to own or carry either gun.
Yeah, I can back James up there; the Sigs didn't hold up like Rugers and S&W Gen 3's. Slides tended to crack just forward of the breech face, then the extra stress would pull the fram rails up and off. Now admittedly, this was back when the slides were stamped. Newer slides are completely milled and may be tougher.

Still, we're talking failue after a service life far beyond what most would put their guns through. Where longevity is concerned, I've yet to see anything match the Glock.