I've had the 220 (2) and a 228 (.357 Sig). Glocks 23C, 27, 30, and my duty pistol the 17. Never liked the long pull trigger with the Sigs, and despised the trigger in the Glock until I was trained. As I grow older, I've found I don't like a heavy pistol and I don't like decockers, manual safetys, grip safetys, etc. I want something much like a DA revolver, where I can draw and shoot without worrying about the above. As for the accuracy issue, its as not important to me anymore than it used to be, and is plenty accurate for self defense. The Glock 17 has plenty of capacity, easy on the back, decent sight radius, and a ok trigger. Even with +P+ loads recoil is not objectionable.

Nothing is going to beat the way a 1911 feels in the hand or the pull or reset of a quality 1911 trigger. The Sig DA autos never felt good in my hand, but to be fair neither does the Glock. For me the best guns were a high end 1911, Browning Hi Power, and just about any S&W revolver chambered for .357 with at least 2.5 inch barrel. Each have their problems, and the Glock in my mind is the best for me right now. I haven't had a chance to play with the S&W MP series, or the XD. But I'm convinced a medium weight weapon with a high capacity, and with decent sights is the way to go. (My Glock 17 currently wears Trijicon night sights, and my 23C I'm going to install Trijicon's RMR sight.)