USAF 68-72
Pope AFB
Clark AFB (Cam Ranh Bay and Da Nang)
C130 Crew Chief

idnative1948,
I'll bet we crossed paths at CRB.
Also a C-130 Crew Chief Naha Okinawa & CCK Taiwan 1967-1970

Ken

You guys ever drop any of the Daisy Cutters to blow out for a heli LZ? I used to cringe every time they armed it, screwed the probe in and we opened the back doors. I was always crapping my pants because I thought I would have a hang-up on the *rails* on the way out. Makes my skin crawl just writing about it.

we started using them in mid to late 1968 every now and then. Worst hills I was put on were the ones they prepped a day or two before, and had those huge bomb craters in them. I remember rolling out the side of a chopper with a 60 on rock & roll with my first sargent's hand pushing me out the door. I was always the #1 man out the door with Top right behind me. The radio man was #3, and Randy went out the otherside with another guy. Often dropped into elephant grass that you had no idea how tall it was. We landed OK but could find Randy! Randy was the M79 guy who'd spot for the 60 after a couple belts. We heard him screaming bloody murder and couldn't find him. He fell into a deep bomb crater, and landed right ontop a skeleton! He'd crawl about half way out of the hole and slide right back down in the mud landing right back ontop the skeleton! I don't think Randy was ever right after that one!
gary