Originally Posted by deerhunternc
Basically, if money was no object (Not that this will ever be the case with me), what brand of factory built rifle would you guys prefer? I am only asking this because I do not know much about many of the brands that are a little lesser known. More or less the only brands that I know anything about are Remington, Winchester, Weatherby, and Savage. I would like to know about which brands you all think are the highest quality brands whether you believe the brands I listed are in this group or not. I am only 19 and I only own one hunting rifle (A Remington 7mm for deer hunting) but I just want to gain a little knowledge of some of the higher quality rifle brands that are becoming more popular with the hunting population as a whole and I figured some of you guys that have been hunting a little longer than I have could share a little information with me. Thank-you.

We were all were in that position at one time.

The bottom line is just about every major,long lived brand of rifles makes perfectly good hunting arms. Truly.

Sure, some turds get out the door from time to time, but that happens with any brand. The important thing is you get a rifle that suits YOU.

I advise handling and shooting as many of your top choices as possible. Then make a choice that fits your budget.

FWIW,the Remington m700(?) in a 7mm cartridge as you now own is many folks idea of the ideal bolt actioned hunting rifle.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by jim62; 01/04/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt