There are so many variations of Mausers out there it is easy enough to get the wrong one. �Mark X� or �Mauser FN� seem to indicate the proper rifles but looking at the online dealers they almost all list bases for the Remington 798 and 799 which is exactly what we�re getting.

I looked at Midway the other night. Search for �Weaver base 798� and it should find them. One warning for Weavers and the Mini-Mauser, one reviewer said the Weaver bases don�t quite fit the contour of the receiver, that there is about a 1mm gap, but the Warnes fit well - it's a standard Weaver cross slot syle so anybody's cross slot rings fit. Also the Warnes are steel if that makes a difference. I ordered some of those for the Mini-Mauser in a gloss finish, once they get here I�ll decide if I want to go with Warnes or Weaver for the 7X57.

Leupold, Burris and others also make bases but they are the standard dovetail front/windage adjustable rear.

Talley also makes their lightweights for the larger rifle, I don�t know about the mini. There is currently a thread in the Hunting Rifles forum (I think) that shows Talleys on Mausers.

Haven't looked at stocks much yet so don't have any info on those. I'm waiting to see what comes in the box, it could be shocked sick or it could be grin .

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!