I don't know how many times I lost footing while fly fishing and when for a ride down steam in waders, and guess what I am still here. You put a belt around your middle. And guess what you get a little wet but you say pretty dry and you float. Of course with a fly Vest stuffed with stuff 90 % you don't use may make you a little top heavy and holding on to that fly rod and reel makes things a little interesting. All and all I was never any worst for wear except one day in Oct 1987, I slipped and got wet on my right side. No problem, it was 55 deg a had just hooked and landed the biggest hook jaw bitterroot brown trout on this stream I ever caught just about 20 inches. So I walked back a mile or so to my car and drove home, took a hot bath and thought nothing more about it, I came down with pneumonia and it dam near killed me. Had nothing to do with drowning in waders. The stream is called Merritt Brook and nice woodland stream in North Eastern CT. TU did a lot of work on it back then and we had great fishing for a few years then some wormers came along or I should say one guy and in three weeks he took out what it took us 10 years to build. Such is life. Hopper time was a blast down there. Most day you would never see another soul.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov