I have a 700 ADL .270 synthetic stock I bought new for $325.00 in 2004 at Cabela's. It came with a cheap Pine Ridge 3x9 scope. It also had open sights which you can't hardly get on a rifle anymore and I like them. Anyway the ADL was incredible accurate out of the box. I zeroed it to shoot 1" high at 100 yards and would shoot a cloverleaf. My brother-in-law has a Weatherby Mark V and a Winchester Model 70 with expensive Leupold and Nikon scopes, and when we shot together the ADL blew away his rifles in the accuracy dept. But things have changed. After experiencing a nightmare with Marlin over a new 30-30 I bought for my son I will not purchase a Remlin again. I think they are crap. After taking the Marlin apart, putting in a happy trigger and using 800 and 1200 grit paper on just about every part of the rifle it is a very nice rifle. Factor in the cost of the trigger and all of the man hours put in to it, it is not worth it. After comparing Vanguards side by side with Remingtons we purchased the Weatherby. Worse case scenario is I will have to drop a Timney in it which I feel confident I can do after installing a happy trigger in the Marlin. Then we will have a very fine rifle that in my opinion is a good as many rifles costing twice as much. By the way the Vanguard looks like it has controlled round feed as opposed to push feed. Is that true?

Thanks for all the responses.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.