Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by deflave
If the only reason a person went outdoors was to kill, why would they also backpack in the backcountry in the summer? Or camp in National Forest? Or day hike to catch and release trout all day?

Your entire premise is illogical and completely [bleep] ridiculous.

Travis

If you get your enjoyment from hiking and camping why would you ever pack a rifle? In my opinion there is only one reason.

There are a lot of people that camp and hike that do not hunt.

Fishing and trapping are different. A trapper really does not do it for the kill. He does it to prove that he can make a animal, that can walk anywhere he wants to on this earth, stick his foot in a four inch circle.

Fishing you can be successfull with out killing anything.

Dink

Well genius, I pack the rifle to bring home meat. The hunting season is the time I get to spend time outdoors, and put red meat in my freezer.

Coyote season is the time of year I am able to spend time outdoors, and make money on fur.

They're called renewable resources. Google it if you must.

Travis

Even as a resident if red meat is what you are after it's cheaper to buy at the store.

You ever figure up what fuel, rifles, bullets, powder and your time to skin, flesh and stretch furs? Unless fur prices are really up you are not even breaking even. You hunt/kill coyotes because it's fun.

Dink

Really? Tell me DINK. How much fuel do I have to expend to put a deer in my freezer? How much does my ammo cost? Enlighten us all with your incredible knowledge.

While you're at it. What did fleshed, stretched dogs go for this season? And how long does it take me to skin, stretch and flesh a dog?

Thanks,
Travis