16k elk combos and 4600 deer combo's add up to a few more than the 17,000 that are SUPPOSED to be sold to Non-residents. I have not run the numbers, I just know what I have been told by FWP, that they are short...hence the increase in resident fees...in my opinion the increase is not be substantial enough.

It is not my comprehesion skills that are lacking. I understand perfectly what you are attempting to incorrectly point out. The OSL was in no way a subsidy...if it were there would not have been 70+ outfitters go out of business during its tenure. The outfitting industry recieved no "monetary assistance" from the state. If you want to know who was subsidized it was the resident hunter....my clients whom purchased the high priced OSL funded the majority ofBlock Management. I had to market my services(at my expense) and sell a license for the state...there was no subsidy, no matter how you wish to twist it.

You could argue that it was not equitable for all, as it was very expensive. Pandering to the wealthy or those willing to make a sacrifice and save for the license...valid arguements. Subsidy no.