Originally Posted by oulufinn
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by oulufinn
There will be a lot of barter. Having some "Stuff" & basic skills, also more advanced practical skills, will help a lot.

Those who slurp at the teat (Both professional freeloaders and a portion of .gov employees) will become more dangerous. Much more dangerous.

It's hard to imagine something big not happening, at this point in our spiral. Nobody knows exactly how it will be, but it won't be good. That is a certainty.
This is where I have come to disagree. Who doesn't "slurp"? The Corporatists are the ones who desire less freedom for us. Those who don't work for one form of government or another, work for the Corporations. It is increasingly impossible to distinguish between corporate interests and the government, so the only difference is which side you complain about. OTOH, Unions are hated, but I've never had management that was much worth a damn. So the only difference there is who you toady to. Self-interest is and always has been the rule of the day. The difference in the past in America is that it was tempered by Christian ethics. Today there is an increasing lack of restraint combined with a hypocrisy so blatant that it is difficult to think the hypocrites even disbelieve their own lies.

Dunno, Cole, I guess I see more of a clear difference in producers and the takers who are eating (us) from both ends..
I hear what you are saying and respect your thoughts. I also apologize somewhat for "picking on you" for lack of a better term. I see too many big talkers all parked at the local restaurant coffeeing in the morning while they rake in hundreds of thousands from the government they are bittching about. I also see too many supervisors promoted not by what they did or even who they were, but due to who they bent over for. In the words of a former railroader I used to work beside, commenting on the ascension of some of our more worthless colleagues to positions of authority above us, "it ain't who yuh know, it's who yuh blow".