Perhaps "boom" was too strong a word. Let me revise that to say "improvement in the business cycle". This is a natural occurrence that happens at the close of every downturn.
The last recession ended in June or July of 2009.

The recovery has been sluggish to say the least, nevertheless it has been and continues to be a recovery. In my opinion, barring exigent circumstances, the economy will heat up over the Spring and Summer seasons and most likely extend into the Fall season.

It is in the great interest of all incumbent politicians to keep this recovery moving and, indeed to spur it along before the election. After the election, if BHO wins all bets are off. However if Romney wins I would predict a boom economy for the next four years. Look for unemployment to drop to the 5%-6% range. Interest rates will rise as the Fed raise interest rates to stifle inflation and prevent overheating of the economy.

Is the outlook rosy for everyone? No. Many will see no opportunity and continue to cling to the guns and ammo and dwell in the backwoods of despair. However, for those prescient enough to seize the opportunities that an improving economy presents there is money to be made.

The above are my thoughts and opinions presented in a calm and rational manner. I would appreciate responses in the same vein.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.