Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Dang what state are yall in where there are no bad check prosecutions? Our bad check unit is busy as hell. Most offenders enter pretrial intervention programs that allow them to pay the check off without getting a felony conviction. If they bust out of PTI they are treated just like any other thief. I have seen more than one in hand cuffs and an orange jumpsuit headed to a restitution centers or prison. Now, I am not talking about a 50 dollar check written by someone out of state. I am only referring to felony amounts of 250 plus presented in this jurisdiction. But collecting money and fees on bad checks is big business for our local DAs office.
Horseshit. Think up a better story.

I used to have to defend the dumbazzes as assistant PD. You know some stuff about gun laws, hell I have PMd for info, but it is apparent your talking out your ass on this subject. If people could not get their bad checks reconciled by force of criminal prosecution no one would accept checks. The DA's office gets a major part of its budget from the bad check unit.