I had a neighbor who was a Trooper when I was in college in Massachusetts back in the early 70s...Bill had joined the Marines at 18 and did two tours in Vietnam... 6 ft 3 and 230 lbs of solid muscle...

he pulled over a car on the night shift out on I 485 before it was connected up to I 95 at either end..

when he put the lights on the guy, the guy took an exit ramp and then turned left at the bottom, and then stopped underneath the bridge there... in an isolated area...

Bill did the usual police procedure, of calling it in...

when he walked up to the drivers door to ask for the usual, at the last moment he saw the reflection off the nickle finish on the firearm and instinctively just fell straight back...

the shot, hit the brim of his hat, just above his eyes as he was falling back...

the perp evidently thought he has killed him as he took off...

that was the last that the Dept heard from Bill, and they sent out troopers on 495 to search for his vehicle... and kept on going past it, as it was under the underpass... he had staggered back to the cruiser and had turned off the lights...

they found him in his cruiser the next morning, totally in a state of shock...he was off duty on medical leave for like 3 months before he got over that...

this guy up in Washington.. I hope they find the guy... and then that is the last we ever hear of it...

between the number of meth heads, illegal immigrants growing dope on Federal Land, illegal immigrants that know that they won't be prosecuted for crimes thanks to the leftist liberal bleeding hearts....the Pacific NW is turning into a friggin zoo..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez