Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Cabriolet
Dang. So yesterday LEO's are after a perp that killed two civilians and later killed himself.

Now early this morning a State Trooper made a routine traffic stop in the Bremerton area around 1 AM, did not return any calls, another LEO in the area found him shot dead, in the road beside his patrol car.

Perps are getting out of hand up here on the Peninsula!

I don't understand why they don't put two cops in a car during the hours of darkness. Would stop this crap.

I'm trying to think of a State Highway Patrol or State Police agency that rides doubles, I can't think of any. The same with S.O's or city agencies, other then the largest in the country. As was stated it's a numbers game.

When I worked patrol I always monitored the THP radio freq. if they were close on a stop, I'd back them up, as most of the shift did. You've got to take care of each other in regards to backing each other up, especially in a large geographic area.

I was trained that traffic stops come in three forms, low risk, high risk, unknown risk. The risk factor isn't just the person you've stopped. It can also be the place and traffic conditions in which the stop is conducted that adds to the risk.