Leupold sets its parallax on non AO scopes to 150 Yards. S & B sets it to 100 meters (110 Yards). I don't know about other scopes.

The POTENTIAL loss of accuracy out to normal hunting distances of say 500 yards is minimal, less than 2MOA. If one looks directly through the scope, there is no parallax problem. It's only a problem where one cannot get a good view and even then one would have to be way off center.

Many guns don't even shoot that accurately - (oh yeah I know ALL yours do!). So on a deer sized target you're going to hit it, and probably in a vital part. 2MOA is the 10" pie plate that will put the animal down @ 500 Yards. And once again, if you look directly into the scope, there is no error.

I get AO for varmint shooting, those are small targets engaged at fairly long distance. Ever notice that all the big manufacturers put AO only on the 12X and above scopes??? Anything else is a gimmick IMHO.

And of course someone has already pointed out that in the "heat of battle" who has time to fool with AO anyway??