quote=alpinecrick]One way to spot a Yuppie Hunter is he be loaded down with dials, buttons, LED lighted shooting equipment, lots of spare batteries, $3000 worth of optics that weigh a ton........
Casey [/quote]

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I think I saw one of those guys in the field last season.

grin

Were you sweating a lot?--that's usually a sign of a overloaded yuppie..... smile

Used to be, we carried everything in our coat pocket, along with a knife and a cartridge box on our belt. Today, we carry "daypacks" big enough for a couple overnights.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Lets see:

Dials � check
Buttons � check
LED lighted shooting equipment � check
Lots of spare batteries � check
$3000 worth of optics � check + wink

What a goomer!! laugh laugh

Shot a little video of this idiot. It is a wonder he can even function with all that crap. cool

I'm not dissing your skill nor your product, but most guys who are into the "long range" thing go looking for that long range shot.

There are some places in elk country where longish ranges are likely, but most of elk country is not. For every elk standing out in the open and posing long enough to heft the 10x50 bino's, set up the 80mm spotter, untangle the bipod, warm up the rangefinder, range, consult the trignometry book taped to the stock, twirl, lick our finger and test the wind, there are 10--maybe a 100--more elk hanging out in the timber.

I've hunted and killed elk in most of the Rocky Mountain states, BC, and Mongolia, but one of these days I'm gonna have to go hunt elk east of the Montana Front Range, those elk must be slow on the uptake........

wink
Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.