Originally Posted by alpinecrick

One way to spot a Yuppie Hunter is he be loaded down with dials, buttons, LED lighted shooting equipment, lots of spare batteries, $3000 worth of optics that weigh a ton........

Casey

Where do you draw the line between "Yuppie hunter" and dude who knows how to use what he's carrying?

I carry Geovids and almost always have my 1200LRF and a 2nd set of binocs (Meopta or Zeiss Victory) in the truck as backup. I'm often guilty of carrying 2 spotters in the truck and depending on terrain and expectations, I occasionally carry 1 into the field. Pretty much every rifle I own has an Leupold with an M-1 elevation dial and a table either taped to the stock or just written on with a sharpie. I shoot in a "sort-of" F-Class league (we only have 300 and 600yd birms)

I've loaded my own ammo, mounted my own scopes, bedded the stocks myself, work my own triggers, etc.

Last yr I probably only shot 300ish rifle rounds all year. Some summers I go over 2K. I've never hunted with a guide/outfitter in my life nor killed a single critter over a corn-flinger. Closest was paying for an outfitter in AK to fly me out to a gravel bar on the Canning River and provide the camping gear/provisions for a 7-day Caribou hunt. I'm not JB, so now do I have to be a yuppie?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.