Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I'm with the guys who bring the legal limit, since my wife and I have had three scopes go bonkers in Africa. It's a lot easier to take more than enough ammo than not enough.

I'd also check out the airline regs before splitting the ammo into two pieces of luggage.

Three, eh? Leopolds, by any chance? I quit using them on big game rifles myself excepting my 257WBY, but had three clients lose trophy animals shot at due to Leopold scopes going bad (erector Assemblies in each case) mid hunt after a fall. Leopold fixed them once they got home, but that did not bring back the missed opprotunities. Oops, I am getting the cart before the horse a bit, did not wait for an answer back RE what kinds of scopes went bad on you. I am very curious about it, though. Especially since your experiences in Africa far outwight mine, even if one counts the hunts I have been on vicariously through my business.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500