Again I see my inability to communicate. The caliber is a .375. It is on a 8MM Rem Mag case but I say .416 Rem case because I run into so many who never heard of the 8MM Rem Mag. They use the same case. The bullets are Barnes TTSX 250 grains at an average of 3,162 feet per second. The barrel is 27 1/2" long. The groups at 300 yards varied from 2" to 4" at the 300 yard targets.

After I moved the sight the last time I let the rifle cool for several minutes in a temperture about 40*. I fired a group that was perfectly centered and let the barrel cool again and repeated it. It was also centered.

Oddly the last group was a verticle string about 3" and the second to last was a horizontal string about 4". All the others were triangles.

About the recoil:
It has what my son-in-law calls the "butt ugly recoil reduction system." I put a small industrial 1/2" travel shock absorber in the stock afer cutting off the appropreate amount of wood. On the other end is a big muzzle brake. I can fire two boxes of ammo through this rifle without the slightest shoulder pain and narry a red mark.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter